Wednesday, January 13, 2010

le premiere

Okay so I can already anticipate the dread of accountability...it's amazing how what's good for us can be so uncomfortable (just at first though, right? yes...that's always how it works.)

I got my first taste of the reality of this accountability today when Leah suggested a 5k for February (!!). My first thought was "oh crap...how serious am I about these goals?? I can't be ready in a month!" But I know I could... if I'm disciplined about it (there's the kicker) & run 4x a week. So I'm faced with the need to honestly assess this goal (and really, all of them...) is this going to be just hypothetical- am I just making resolutions so I don't actually have to follow through with them or am I going for it?

(the fact that I made this post at all should serve as an answer.)

Realistically speaking, I know I can at least commit to a 5k in March...which means umm...I'd better be up & running (hehe-i love puns...) tomorrow. Because that? Didn't happen today. And it wasn't even raining when I woke up, so I really don't have an excuse other than the delicious warmth of my bed this morning. Umm any tips from other runners/a.m. exercisers on how to just GET OUT OF BED & do it??

After work today I walked 1.66 miles (mapped it! everything counts!) to the library (in the rain!) and then met Leah for a movie. One way I love to spend time with my friends is by enjoying experiences with them individually that few other people in my life would appreciate. Today this meant geeking out with Leah over Chanel & the lovely Audrey Tatou...she just makes me clasp my hands and sigh...

so...enjoyed my roommate time. walking in the rain was good for the soul. saved $$ by walking (& we hit the Admiral Theater -cheap).

Today Have I:
Done something good for my body?
- disciplined with points & water today (with peanut m&m exception at the movie) & despite not running, still logged 4 miles walking to work & to the theater & home.

Done something good for my mind?
- NYtimes.com (Haiti! ow, my soul...); French with subtitles.


Water today: 64/64oz. (but the last 8 were gulped right before bed...)
Points today: 20/20 (plus weekly extra 5/35 used)

I seriously need to give myself a shot at waking up in time to run...

But first some thankfuls...
I'm thankful for bosses who are interested in my life...those two ladies have been a joy to work for these past 7 months. And yet I'm thankful in anticipation for the busyness when I start the new job (in a week- yay!) I'm thankful for noticing little things like the way individual drops of water were glistening on tree branches during my walk tonight. And for the way our Lord quietly spoke to my soul when I noticed. I'm thankful for my sweet boyfriend for showing me how to embed links here, and for my equally sweet roommate for agreeing to do the same. It's enhanced my enjoyment of posting here (& thereby motivating me to press on? bonus!)

3 comments:

  1. #1 you're adorable and I love this blog

    #2 when I started working out early mornings in college I had a REALLY hard time getting out of bed. So, I put a poster on my ceiling and on it I wrote little words of motivation for me to wake up to. Every morning when I opened my eyes that was the first thing I saw. It seems a little crazy I know, but it really worked!

    #3 I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, ladies!

    Beth, I'm going to try the ceiling motivation. (Ooh, and can we please plan a cupcake morning soon?)

    ReplyDelete