Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Photo Recap

The past few months have been the most eventful and joyful of my life!  

We spent our first night in our dream home on Christmas and have been busy furnishing and renovating it ever since!  I'm excited to show some before and after shots soon.

On February 12th, 6 days after she her due date, Audrey Catherine made her appearance.  So you know, I've been kind of preoccupied with her.  :)  She was 21" long and weighed 7 lbs, 13 oz.  I was in labor for 33 hours and pushed for 3 1/2 hours.  I may write up her birth story at some point but short version is that it was LONG and the hardest thing I've ever done but honestly, I don't think I could have worked hard enough to earn this baby.  It really is true what you hear, that you forget the pain of labor (mostly). 

Some of my favorite moments of the past four months:

the nursery all ready for her arrival!

the first time I sang her to sleep in the hospital

getting ready to go home...(my boobs are out of control)
her first day home (valentine's day) and meeting both grandpas!

matt worked from home the first week and got in major snuggle time

the time she fist-pumped after nursing

love those feet!

she slept so much at first!


heel prick at her 2 week appt

one of my favorites...

the day Paris ventured closer...


the day Mia ventured closer

poop face

daddy's girl

looong legs & baby acne

the first time she focused on my eyes instead of my hairline

meeting her Aunt Anna

getting more animated at 1 month!

caught her sleeping JUST like Daddy!

 Incidentally, this is the position she was in when she was born & the reason I pushed 
as long as I did.  Turns out I can blame her daddy for that one!  :)


rode the Great Wheel in Seattle!

St Paddy's Day! 
family shot at Lisa's graduation/birthday/St Patrick's day party


reading time

the time she had a conversation with me

the time she and Samantha shopped till they dropped

going for a walk with Paris

the time she wore jeans...

the day we started sleep training!

and I was able to throw the frisbee for Paris for the 1st time since she was born...

the day she laughed at me

Easter!

the day Mia got REALLY close :)

the day we got baby chicks!

and Audrey celebrated with chicks legwarmers
she made a new friend


Paris had a trip to the groomer and got a pretty bandana
we had a super photogenic 2 month shoot
our first night out since she was born

the morning after sleeping 8 hours- she's very proud of herself!
first vaccines  :(
springtime in WA: on a blanket in the backyard!
lazy morning in bed
we both had fun in the Moby at Costco
we're still working at tummy time
with Mama in the mirror
all ready for a walk!
beautiful Tacoma waterfront
morning walk with my favorite Mamas!
she loves her hands right now.  lol.

2 comments:

  1. kelly, Daddy here to say that my heart soars like a hawk as I look at your pride and joy. Audrey is blessed to have such a caring mom.

    ReplyDelete